[ILUG-BOM] Re: Seek advice to quit Windows

Manoj Srivastava srivasta@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Sun Jan 21 02:11:57 IST 2007

On Sun, 21 Jan 2007 01:54:03 +0530, Dinesh Joshi
<dinesh.a.joshi at gmail.com> said:

> On Sat, 2007-01-20 at 13:43 -0600, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
>> On Sun, 21 Jan 2007 00:47:02 +0530, Dinesh Joshi
>> <dinesh.a.joshi at XXXXXXXXXXX> said: What is broken in my mailer?

> Do you see my mail client quoting your email address in this
> public-mailing-list-which-gets-published-all-over-the-internet?

        Yup. That is not broken behaviour; it is creating an
 attribution exactly as it was designed to do.

>> I did read the part where you tried to explain how your insults
>> were all a joke, tee-hee. I found it less than compelling.

> Whatever...you're being an idiot if you think i insulted
                             ^^^^^
> anything. As I said earlier I wont be explaining.

        Nice.

>> I have no idea who thought of Linux, and the brethren free BSD
>> based UNIX operating systems as a Toy.  The circles I move in, the
>> phrase is used to describe Windows, and not UNIX and clones.

> Uh....you're kidding, right? Ever heard of Steve Ballmer? Bill
> Gates?  Hello??? Microsoft? Rest of the world?

        So they think UNIX, which they tried so hard to copy, is a
 Toy? And while they might be entitled to their opinion, and think
 Linux is a Toy, I, and the people I work/play with, continue to think
 their efforts created a Toy OS that shall never come close to our
 work spaces.

>> I suppose I must be one of those who has a poor understanding of
>> Linux and operating systems in general. I am looking forward to
>> being enlightened.

> I have better things to do :)

        A pity.  I could have learned so so very much.

        manoj
--
Trying to be happy is like trying to build a machine for which the
only specification is that it should run noiselessly.