[ILUG-BOM] Re: Seek advice to quit Windows

Manoj Srivastava srivasta@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Sun Jan 21 01:13:55 IST 2007

On Sun, 21 Jan 2007 00:47:02 +0530, Dinesh Joshi
<dinesh.a.joshi at gmail.com> said:

> On Sat, 2007-01-20 at 12:51 -0600, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
>> On Sat, 20 Jan 2007 23:54:25 +0530, Dinesh Joshi
>> <dinesh.a.joshi at XXXXXXXXXX> said:

> Fix your broken mail client or never quote me again on this list. I
> dont wish to get more spam in my mailbox.

        What is broken in my mailer?

>> None of the above adjectives is, in truth, correct.  The project is
>> fairly well organized, with specific teams and team leaders in
>> charge of specific areas, there is a QA group, a security group,
>> and so on,

> Did you read my post completely? Especially the part at the end? Its
> obvious that you have not read it. I am not going to sit and explain
> it because I dont want to do it 5 times to make you understand
> it. Its something called as satire...

        I did read the part where you tried to explain how your
 insults were all a joke, tee-hee. I found it less than compelling.

> FYKI, Linux has always been perceived as a hobby OS, a Toy
> OS. Nothing big, nothing real. It has been perceived as being
> created by thousands of people in a very disorganized manner ( as
> compared to the traditional cathedral model. Have you read Cathedral
> and the Bazaar for that matter? ). Despite all these facts, Linux
> was adopted by <INSERT YOUR FAVORITE COMPANY HERE EXCEPT M$> and its
> generating billions of dollars of revenue and its being used in all
> conceivable fields. Not bad for a toy OS, eh? :P

        I have no idea who thought of Linux, and the brethren free
 BSD based UNIX operating systems as a Toy.  The circles I move in,
 the phrase is used to describe Windows, and not UNIX and clones.

>> BTW, adding a smiley after insults does not abrogate the rudeness;
>> and no, I do not find denigrating other people and their work to be
>> funny.

> Obviously, everyone doesn't have a sense of humor or has a poor
> understanding of the subject. Both type of people must refrain from
> replying without fully understanding the poster's point or else they
> shall make a fool of themselves in front of 700 odd people.

        I suppose I must be one of those who has a poor understanding
 of Linux and operating systems in general. I am looking forward to
 being enlightened.

        manoj
--
If a can of Alpo costs 38 cents, would it cost $2.50 in Dog Dollars?
Manoj Srivastava <srivasta at acm.org> <http://www.golden-gryphon.com/>