[ILUG-BOM] Data recovery on a crashed drive with Linux FS

jtd jtd@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Sat Jan 20 23:51:58 IST 2007

On Saturday 20 January 2007 23:38, Dinesh Joshi wrote:

> Samsung is of no help. They're pathetic :( I mean they'll just
> replace the drive. They wont take any responsibility for the data!
> But I guess thats normal, right?

Completly.

> I'm not sure what I should do at this point. Can anybody help out??
> Any suggestions???

Find a similiar drive and replace the controller. It works many a
times. Or deep freeze the drive. Grep the list. There is a thread
where Philip has described the procedure in detail.

--
Rgds
JTD