[ILUG-BOM] Re: Seek advice to quit Windows

jtd jtd@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Sat Jan 20 23:48:26 IST 2007

On Saturday 20 January 2007 22:14, Rony wrote:

> Debian is supposed to be the pillar, the foundation of Linux. It
> should not have installation bugs.

Exceptions prove the rule. And shows how important having the code is
- irrespective of what all the gods say. Cursory googling does not
show any such bug. Which means probably u have discovered one.

> I can understand advanced bugs
> that could not have been noticed before, but not simple ones.

Welcome to the real software world. U discover bugs and acknowledge
and correct them. Or bury one's head in the sand and do nothing. Also
all bugs are trivial given sufficient eye balls. And yours were the
ideal nth+1 eyeball.

>. A Debian distro should work out of the box without any
> setup issues.

It should but does not in our part of the universe. So what are u
supposed to do? File bug reports ofcourse. U could also mail the
maintainer for tasksel, which is a lot better than mailing to
helpdesk at whocares.com

--
Rgds
JTD