[ILUG-BOM] Re: Open SUSE 10.2 Disks Required

jtd jtd@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Sat Jan 20 14:38:15 IST 2007

On Saturday 20 January 2007 11:57, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
> On Fri, 19 Jan 2007 17:23:25 +0530, jtd
>
> <jtd at mtnl.net.in> said:
> > On Friday 19 January 2007 15:41, Harsh Busa wrote:
> >> can somebody compare eula from other linux based os vendors ?
> >
> > The licence says it all.  Contrast the above
> > with this http://www.debian.org/social_contract#guidelines

>         While I shan't get into the religious jihads of whose
> distro is bigger; I am compelled to note that Debian is a
> fundamentally different beastie when it comes to freedom issues
> (which may or may not be a good thing, depending on your
> perspective).

Many on the list are not aware of the issues in licensing. Once u are
aware do as u please. That apart it peeves me no end that companies
like Novell are doing exactly what the gpl wanted to prevent -
bottling up knpwledge and creating artifical scarcity. And even worse
the people in the foss community actually thinking that somehow this
is a good thing.

--
Rgds
JTD