[ILUG-BOM] Seek advice to quit Windows

Vihan Pandey vihanpandey@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Fri Jan 19 21:20:23 IST 2007

> It wasn't at all funny that i could run only ONE program at a time on a
> 386DX! X( As I said HORRIBLE memories....

It was the simplest O.S to start learning things with. Give me a PC XT with
DOS(Free DOS would do) and C loaded on it, and copy of Yashwant Kanetkar's
Let Us C i could set days and weeks at a stretch :-)

The ideal thing for students to start with. Then when they see GNU/Linux
with GCC alson with Tanenbaum's Mordern Operating Systems then they would
REALLy rock. :-)

Regards,

- vihan