[ILUG-BOM] Open SUSE 10.2 Disks Required

Vihan Pandey vihanpandey@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Fri Jan 19 21:08:08 IST 2007

> > IMO RH is sitting very close to the fence and Novell with the likes of
> > lindows (or whatever it's called) have crossed over to the
> > darkside.And it does not matter what brain dead expalnations the
> > distro makers give. The licence says it all.
> > Contrast the above with this
> > http://www.debian.org/social_contract#guidelines
> >
> > And you can do everything legally doable using Debian (add other known
> > good disto here).
>
> So do you imply that ALL GNU/Linux users should dump all other distros
> and stick with  and only use Debian for being COMPLETELY FREE?

When you use Debian, READ what Debian states - 'Tis your freedom to use or
not to use Debian. Debian believes in its freedom. Effectively using Debian
enchourages you to have more choice.

The inspiration for and creation of Ubuntu is a fine illustration of the
same.

JTD is simply telling you of what Debian stands for, and why its important.
i don't think anyother distro(i haven't used gnewsense yet) asserts that.

I will STOP using GNU/Linux the day I find that I have ONLY ONE
> DISTRIBUTION. :-)

again, your choice :-)

Regards,

- vihan