[ILUG-BOM] broadband problems

Vinayak Hegde vinayakh@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Fri Jan 19 19:44:17 IST 2007

On 1/19/07, Dinesh Joshi <dinesh.a.joshi at gmail.com> wrote:
> No dude. I dont advertise for any ISP. I generally have the habit to
> tear them apart =P Its just that I am pretty happy with the service I
> get from MTNL as opposed to what trash service I got from 7star,
> Reliance Powersurfer! :)
>
> And the best part of MTNL is that they stick to standards. I had ZERO
> problems in getting my Linux installation working with it. As opposed to
> the pleading, threatening and pulling my hair out with 7star and
> Reliance Powersurfer though lesser with the latter :)

I had a good experience with MTNL. The guy who came to install it at my home
in Mumbai knew about Linux. I talked to him over the phone (I work in Bangalore)
about installing on Linux (Ubuntu), he understood what I was talking about and
installed a n/w card (RTL8139-based) and my parents could use the net
connections without any issues.

This was so easy and painless. I have heard the same review from other people
in the locality. So I don't mind recommending MTNL. But YMMV

-- Vinayak