[ILUG-BOM] Free Software for NGOs

saurabh daptardar saurabh.daptardar@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Thu Jan 18 01:47:57 IST 2007

On 1/17/07, Siddhesh Poyarekar <siddhesh.poyarekar at gmail.com> wrote:

> I was just wondering; do NGOs in India look at FOSS as an alternative
> > for cost-cutting at all? Has anyone on-list succeeded in introducing
> > FOSS in any NGO-aided school or vocational training centre?

We have started a program called 'yuj' which aims at tapping academic
resources of the nation to serve the needs of NGOs / small organizations /
govt. and others.

Visit : http://www.yuj.in/  for  the details.

One  of our motives  is to demonstrate and promote FOSS as cost-effective
and healthy methodology for development of the nation.

We installed Ubuntu and some educational software in "Mrityunjoy Night
School , Kandivili".

The people who have interests similar to us can join and help the team
achieve the goals.

Regards,
Sourabh Daptardar

--