[ILUG-BOM] Free Software for NGOs

Siddhesh Poyarekar siddhesh.poyarekar@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Thu Jan 18 01:16:07 IST 2007

On 1/18/07, Gabin Kattukaran <boon at vsnl.com> wrote:
> To quote Philip and Yoda - Do or Do not. There is no think. Commendable
> as the idea is, it is only valuable if _you_ do it.
True, but when your hand are full it is always useful to put your
ideas in front of people who may want to contribute in some way but
don't know how. In this case for example, I really do not have the
time/resources to approach an NGO and convince them to use a FOSS
solution. Someone like Dr. Nagarjun for example, has the necessary
credentials (and perhaps contacts as well) to be able to persuade
them. So all I am doing is putting forward an idea so that if
someone's interested and has the time and resources, he/she may do it.

Also, I wanted to know if someone's already had experience on these lines.

There should always be a 'think' before, during and after the 'Do' or
'Do not', it always helps get good results :)

Siddhesh Poyarekar
http://siddhesh.tk