[ILUG-BOM] Seek advice to quit Windows

Gabin Kattukaran boon@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Wed Jan 17 23:38:53 IST 2007

On Wed, 2007-01-17 at 22:20 +0530, Rony wrote:

> What was the knowledge that Microsoft did not give you? As far as I
> know, it has a lot of documentation available about the working of
> Microsoft systems and their various settings.

I don't think Microsoft (or any closed source setup) ever gave any
information about the working _of_ their systems. They only give
information about working _with_ their systems. That is akin to saying
that UB will tell you how to drink their beer but not how to brew it
(Notice how cleverly I work in the 'free as in beer' angle :)

-gabin

--
It's psychosomatic. You need a lobotomy. I'll get a saw.
-- Calvin