[ILUG-BOM] Opensource for a Small Manufacturing unit

Vihan Pandey vihanpandey@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Wed Jan 17 18:53:11 IST 2007

> > Very true, but i guess FSF is probably(correct me if i'm wrong) the only
> > organisation which keeps a track of GPL violations and does something
> > about
> > it.
>

> No, Harald Welte and  http://gpl-violations.org/ also keeps track of
> gplviolations

thanks for the info :-)

Only if one has chosen one of
> > the FSF licenses and are violating it or violating GPL in general then
> FSF
> > can take action against the entity concerned.
> >
> > Not correct. FSF can act only agaist violations of the softwares which
> it
> owns full copyright (that's why most of the official GNU software projects
> mandates copyright assignment to FSF - only then FSF can enforce GPL
> compliance).

Hmm... that's true however the FSF will and does ``offer assistance to any
other copyright holder who wishes to do the same."

Ref : http://www.fsf.org/licensing/licenses/gpl-violation.html

Regards,

- vihan