[ILUG-BOM] Opensource for a Small Manufacturing unit

പ്രവീണ്‍‌|Praveen pravi.a@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Wed Jan 17 18:32:35 IST 2007

2007/1/17, Vihan Pandey <vihanpandey at gmail.com>:

> Very true, but i guess FSF is probably(correct me if i'm wrong) the only
> organisation which keeps a track of GPL violations and does something
> about
> it.

No, Harald Welte and  http://gpl-violations.org/ also keeps track of
gplviolations

Anyone is free to adopt any free software license they want, there's
> really no ``signing up" required with anyone.

I was talking about the case when anyone writes "their_own_license"

Only if one has chosen one of
> the FSF licenses and are violating it or violating GPL in general then FSF
> can take action against the entity concerned.
>
> Not correct. FSF can act only agaist violations of the softwares which it
owns full copyright (that's why most of the official GNU software projects
mandates copyright assignment to FSF - only then FSF can enforce GPL
compliance).

Cheers
Praveen
--
"Value your freedom, or you will lose it, teaches history.
`Don't bother us with politics', respond those who don't want to learn."