[ILUG-BOM] Seek advice to quit Windows

Dhawal Doshy dhawal@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Wed Jan 17 15:35:57 IST 2007

Dinesh Joshi wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-01-17 at 14:42 +0530, Dhawal Doshy wrote:
>> At least they made an effort, can any other ISPs claim that? the base
>> RPM (ideally) should have worked on newer systems with a little ldd and
>> rpm2cpio magic.
>
> Agreed. Atleast Reliance makes some effort to accommodate all kinds of
> users and alternative OSes. All other ISPs viz. Pacenet, 7star, VSNL
> etc... do nothing for us Linux users...
>
>> one word 'prepaid'.. i made a choice to never see a phone bill again..
>> and yes i know they can deduct balance without notice/reason, but so far
>> i have nothing to complain (except the b******s at webworld, who i had
>> to interact for an instrument change).
>
> But you also dont have any choice of handset. Besides the after sales of
> Nokia / LG is pathetic. Why oh why would anybody want to use Reliance
> prepaid when Hutch prepaid is available =P

Cell phones are use and throw, the after sales service for
nokia/lg/others is as bad for cdma as it is for gsm. Also notice that
the 2nd hand cell market is slowing down (not really, it opening newer
markets in rural areas) as newer cellphones are now dirt cheap..

i opted for reliance due to better coverage and better call quality (my
experience). BTW, i currently use a cheapie chinese ZTE handset that
cost me Rs. 1100/-