[ILUG-BOM] Seek advice to quit Windows

Vihan Pandey vihanpandey@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Wed Jan 17 15:20:53 IST 2007

> > Monopoly = Dictatorship => we get screwed.
>
> Reliance is not going to be a dictator ever. Would have been possible
> during the license Raj but not now. There are far too many options too
> choose rom.

Are you referring to the cell phone service or to electricity(in certain
areas) as well?

And monopoly is very difficult to achieve! Even a cartel (with
> reference to an alliance statement by Vihan) will stick only across the
> supply chain and not amongst players in the same market.

 Why not?

It's difficult even in a duopolistic situation! Pepsi- Coke.

Is it? From what i see either side took over or destroyed local competing
brands the world over. The result - only these two remain with no REAL
competition.

To cite another instance; the OPEC cartel formed in the 1980's broke down
> pretty soon.

Not really, OPEC was formed in the 1960's is still very much alive only the
Arab republics won't try their stunts of the 1970's that easily due to
complex ``political alliances" in the middle east. If they choose to
cut/increase production that DOES has a direct impact on the world economy.

It's only a matter of time before some smaller/larger player/s change the
> rules of the game. Case in point FOSS over proprietory software.

Exactly. But rather then sitting for them to come up front one ought to
either start something or vocally oppose those who are potential threats.

Regards,

- vihan