[ILUG-BOM] Seek advice to quit Windows

Vihan Pandey vihanpandey@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Wed Jan 17 14:27:55 IST 2007

> > i don't think there's any question about why hate M$ :-) i don't think
> > Reliance is any great shakes in terms in terms of either service or
> > promoting FOSS.
>
> From what i've heard from an ex-reliance employee is that they make a
> good effort to ensure that linux users can easily use their services.
> Why?? i wouldn't know.

Really? There was a major fiasco a while back regarding their dialer
software for connecting via GNU/Linux. They made an RPM version tailored to
Red Hat 8 which gave problems on other distro's and even later versions of
Red Hat. On asking for support, the users were just left high and dry. i
haven't followed up on that story since then.

Surely i dislike reliance (i wouldn't want one entity controlling my
> communication, electricity, fuel etc..) but yet i use reliance energy
> and a reliance cell simply because:

Monopoly = Dictatorship => we get screwed.

a. Residential consumers unlike industrial / commercial users yet can't
> switch electricity providers.

true, there is SIMPLY no choice.

b. The call quality and coverage on reliance (from my point of view) is
> far better than hutch (dropped calls, cross communication anyone) and
> bpl.. others like airtel and mtnl don't even qualify.. am unsure about
> tata indicom.

Wait till you see the wonderful bills of calls never made. Though its a lot
better now than previously.

Regards,

- vihan