[ILUG-BOM] Seek advice to quit Windows

Varadarajan V nirvanar@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Tue Jan 16 21:11:53 IST 2007

Hi,

Let me first introduce myself. I have been a silent observer of this list
for the past 1-2 years. Though I havent contributed anything to this list,
I very much like the concept of Linux and Free Software. Unfortunately,
for me I learnt about this long after I went for the microsoft certification
which helped me to get a job. I work as a windows system admin (3 years)
for living. After observing and readin a lot in this community and
a little bit of personal experience with linux I wish to move into linux
administration and personally I hate microsoft's way of working.

To work in windows I need to keep myself trained in windows and for that
i have to use windows. That goes into a vicious circle. I find myself locked
I am sure I would be considered as a newbie (I am one) in  the linux world
and I see jobs are mostly for the experienced in the linux administration.

What should I do to make the switch? I need your suggestions.

I wish to quit windows..now

--
True knowledge exists in knowing that you know nothing.
And in knowing that you know nothing, that makes you the smartest of all.

Regards,
Raj