[ILUG-BOM] Recommend a Linux distro

Dhawal Doshy dhawal@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Tue Jan 16 23:14:14 IST 2007

Dinesh Joshi wrote:
> On Tuesday 16 January 2007 11:20, Dilip Khanolkar wrote:
>> yes thats true it is one of the best & stable i havent restarted my
>> mandriva powerpack machine for about 2 months this is the average
>> that it goes without restarting which the best in any linux i havent
>> seen any other linux going above 1.5 months without having a restart
>
> Fedora Core :)

PEBKAC, bad hardware and possibly kernel upgrades is the only reason to
reboot a unix server.. i have seen uptimes greater than a couple of
years on some of my servers.. We had to take them down to be completely
replaced with newer hardware.

One server i worked on at pair networks (in a previous life) had close
to a 4 figure uptime (running freebsd).

- dhawal