[ILUG-BOM] Opensource for a Small Manufacturing unit

Dinesh Joshi dinesh.a.joshi@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Mon Jan 15 15:07:07 IST 2007

On Monday 15 January 2007 11:20, jtd wrote:
> On Sunday 14 January 2007 19:40, Aseem Rane wrote:
> > The society without any constitution and laws is more free than a
> > society having various laws and rules preventing certain behavior.
>
> Popular misconception. Society which permits exploitative and or
> destructive behaviour actually hinders a society from being one. And
> restrictions are not about rstricting freedom but about restricting
> exploitation.

Agreed. I guess a lot of people are currently using Aseems argument or
similar ones to "criminalize" FSF or OSS philosophy. Aseem has
presented it in a more civil manner. Most people dont do it.

Laws are in place to check exploitation and to guard the freedoms that
we have. Without these laws there will be nothing but chaos.

Dinesh A. Joshi