[ILUG-BOM] MTNL Triband - SSH

Dinesh Joshi dinesh.a.joshi@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Mon Jan 15 15:00:06 IST 2007

On Monday 15 January 2007 10:27, Hozefa Motiwala wrote:
> >From the local LAN I am able to  SSH to this gateway.
>
> Does it imply that sshd is listening to only the local eth0 interface
> ?

Yes it might. Just run the command: ssh -ln | grep 22 You should get
output as :

tcp	0	0 :::22	:::*	LISTEN

This means its listening on all interfaces. In your case it might just
show the IP of eth0.

I am using FC5 so a lot has changed but check out your sshd_config
( /etc/ssh/sshd_config ) file or the corresponding file you have on RH
7.3

My file says:

ListenAddress 0.0.0.0

which means it'll listen on all interfaces.

See what your file says and if required make the appropriate changes.

Dinesh A. Joshi