[ILUG-BOM] Re: Pitching Linux to corporates?

Vivek J. Patankar list307@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Sun Sep 24 03:10:18 IST 2006

On 9/24/06, Devdas Bhagat <devdas at dvb.homelinux.org> wrote:
> So they don't use Windows either? The point here is that Sun would
> support tested versions of the software (in this case, RHEL). they
> wouldn't support other software, in this case CentOS. The company could
> have gone to any other Linux vendor, or asked on the CentOS lists for an
> appropriate vendor, or gone with RHEL.
> What they have claimed was just an excuse not to use Linux.
As I said in my reply to Mr Mane's post, they just don't want another
rejection. They want support, whenever they demand it. In the avenue
they chose, they would get it.

--
Regards
Vivek