[ILUG-BOM] Re: Pitching Linux to corporates?

BombayNews bombaynews@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Fri Sep 22 23:29:03 IST 2006

Chanced upon a rundown cybercafe at Aurangabad where some of the computers ran on linux. can't remember the flavor right now. But the chap who ran the establishment
usually left the machines on. He only 'ported' the logos of Internet Explorer and MS Office onto the desktop so an unsuspecting client clicking these had Firefox or Open Office
opening up! The guy told me most of the people didn't even know the difference! Those who asked were simply told that Firefox was the latest version of Internet Explorer!!!

I think a similar effort would have all the banias and small businessmen queuing up to install linux. Just install linux onto a laptop with whatever additional software required and
ask the blokes to find the difference......

Shiv Kumar