[ILUG-BOM] Help wanted : ideas

Chetan S cshring@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Fri Sep 22 17:36:03 IST 2006

> > And stop fishing for ideas, if you can't get them yourself, then you
> > probably aren't as gifted as you think you are!
>
> You could've simply ignored the post. No need to have flamed him...
>
> --
> Dinesh A. Joshi

Agree with Dinesh there. So Sankalp, it would be a good idea to create
an oss driver for the other commonly used filesystems like reiserfs,
xfs in Win32. You could look at the existing ext2/3 opensource fs
driver and extend it ... this should help keep a basic framework
constant.

reiserfs has some really good documentation and explanations on its
site to help you understand the filesystem very quickly.

Don't go for brownie points. Go for real contribution and you'll
create something really useful for someone else. Else wait for the
Google SoC to get more ideas. I know just 1 Indian dude who is working
on a Google SoC in Samba. Yet to see him complete anything. :D

regards,