[ILUG-BOM] Help wanted : ideas

sankalp shere sankalpshere@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Thu Sep 21 23:16:10 IST 2006

Hello,

We are planning to make ext2/3 file system driver in windows with the help of which one can access linux partitions from windows in dual boot pc. Since there already exist many open source tools for it (some examples: ext2ifs, ext2fs), we want to make something extra and different. We are thinking of making something like "wine that exists in linux" or cygwin(cygwin i guess is just a simulation unlike wine which can run actual win exes). But not getting any exact idea of what to do.

People plz suggest something that is challenging but viable(tough combo :) ) in one year, really useful (one may think why the hell one would want to run linux prog on windows that too on dual boot pc where you can just reboot, basically that winwala thing is just an idea).

All people who have some innovative ideas about such tools and cross-platform FS, in general, access plz let us know.

bye,
take care.

People who have used