[ILUG-BOM] Re: Installation voes.

jtd jtd@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Wed Sep 20 10:16:27 IST 2006

On Wednesday 20 September 2006 06:51, Kenneth Gonsalves wrote:
> On 20-Sep-06, at 8:58 PM, Rony wrote:
> > The point I am trying to make is that by now linux should be
> > developed to atleast that decent level where it can be installed
> > on any regular/popular motherboard without having to experiment
> > with different distros.
>
> you missed the point - the point is that by now motherboard
> manufacturers should have the sense to make sure their motherboards
> are linux compliant - otherwise they are not going to be popular
> for long.

Many just release poky bug ridden binary drivers and grandiosely
announce that they are linux compatabile. what they need to do is
release the specs at the same time their guys have access - like AMD.
Ensures that production does not do a Sony.
It is happening for sure, only wish it was faster.

--
Rgds
JTD