[ILUG-BOM] A small exposure to GNU/Linux

VKB vydya@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Wed Sep 20 08:47:02 IST 2006

> Re: [ILUG-BOM] A small exposure to GNU/Linux
> On Monday 18 September 2006 14:24, Roshan wrote:
>> The question that I have ask is this. We had a DLP
>> Projector that could not synchronize with the hardware
>> and the display always went out of Range for Ubuntu
>> 6.06.
>
> I know that sucks a lot :( I have encountered this problem on certain
> occassions. As somoene else also mentioned. Its teh modelines.

I could get the external projector to work if I
(re)booted my laptop after the external device was connected.

I use Ubuntu 6.06 on my cheap (<Rs.35K) laptop.
(Acer TravelMate 2410, Celeron 1.4GB, 256MB, 40GB)

BTW with Ubuntu6.06 on this laptop,
except for WinModem, all the hardware on this laptop
works and was/is usable without any special procedures.
(even the MTNL/Dlink ADSL router via USB works fine).

---
vkb