[ILUG-BOM] Alsamixer does not show all sliders.

Nadeem M. Khan nadeem.m.khan@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Tue Sep 19 23:56:13 IST 2006

On 9/19/06, jtd <jtd at mtnl.net.in> wrote:
> On Monday 18 September 2006 17:09, Nadeem M. Khan wrote:
> > Hi.
> >
> > Continuing with my sound woes with suse 10.1...
> >
> > My alsamixer does not show all controls.
>
> > My sound card as detected by alsaconf is "snd-hda-intel".
> >
> > Any pointers?
>
> Plenty of fixes to intel-hda
> http://www.alsa-project.org/changes/v1-0-13rc1--v1-0-13rc2.txt

Well, I uninstalled the default alsa that came with suse, and compiled
the latest development version. Now I see more sliders, but the sound
still plays at say 50% of the max volume.  I'm sure lots of other
users have faced this problem too. Strange how google refuses to help.

Regards,
NMK.