[ILUG-BOM] Re: Installation voes.

Debarshi 'Rishi' Ray debarshi.ray@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Tue Sep 19 13:46:16 IST 2006

> the display and lan are the major problem.

One of my friends have a Intel 915GV Pentium 4 HT machine, and
although I have never seen him encounter any issues with his LAN card,
but he does have trouble with his resolution at times. As far as I
remember, Fedora Core 5 managed just fine, but Ubuntu 6.06 had issues.
This was solved using a program called 915resolution. It is there in
the Ubuntu repositories, so one can use Synaptic to install it.

There is a similar program called 855resolution meant for Intel 855
based boards.

Regards,
Debarshi
--
Anything free is worth what you pay for it.