[ILUG-BOM] does any one know debian cd vender in Mumbai?

Anurag anurag@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Mon Sep 18 11:22:40 IST 2006

Sometime on Mon, Sep 18, 2006 at 11:08:13AM +0530, krishnakant Mane said:
> hello,
> I have a requirement of pressed cds of debian or ubuntu server.
> actually I tried searching the shipit web site for ubuntu server cd
> but they don't ship server cd.

That server CD is known as ``Alternate Install CD''. Shipit does not
offer alternate cds, so you might not be able to get pressed cds.

> is there a way to contact ubuntu and ask for server cd with printed cover?
> actually I have a project on my hands where I am going to implement an
> erp system.  the customer even after reading the gpl is not convinced
> that the cd I am giving will hold the same value.  the old man
> believes that as a director he can't take a risk on this.  just like
> the ubuntu desktop cd I gave him, he feel that if the cd for server
> also has a similar make and the same printed cover, it will be
> licensed.

In that case, you might need to get the graphics and print the cds
yourself. Folks at Ubuntu-In mailing list might be able to help you in
this regard.

> now I am not finding ubuntu server cds like this.
> so may be I will choose debian cd set.  by the way I want to try out
> debian installation.

IN that case, you might need to get hold of pressed Debian Sarge 3.1
DVD which was distributed with LinuxForYou a couple of months back.

> may be jtd will help me out with instructions for tellingthe installer
> to install 2.6 kernel and using priority as medium so that I get to
> choose which components I can install.
> I think there are some kernel parameters to be given?

You need to pass ``linux26'' for 2.6 kernel.

Anurag
--
gnu /noo/ n. Ox like antelope; (abbr.) /gnoo/ n.