[ILUG-BOM] purity of Linux install

Rohit V Bhute rvbhute@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Sat Aug 19 11:03:35 IST 2006

I missed all the threads last week. Mr. Nagarjuna's post about the vrms
utility was a good one, though.

I did it on my Ubuntu - I am 0.6% impure ;-)

***
                Non-free packages installed on bhute

gogo                      mp3 encoder
linux-386                 Complete Linux kernel on 386.
linux-restricted-modules- Non-free Linux 2.6.15 modules on 386
linux-restricted-modules- Restricted Linux modules on 386.
linux-restricted-modules- Non-free Linux 2.6.15 modules helper script
mpg123                    MPEG layer 1/2/3 audio player
   Reason: No commercial distribution or use, no modifications allowed
ttf-gentium               Gentium TrueType font
unrar                     Unarchiver for .rar files (non-free version)
   Reason: Modifications problematic

   8 non-free packages, 0.6% of 1234 installed packages.
***

Seeing linux-386 in the list was a bit surprising though.
--
Rohit V. Bhute
http://blog.rvbhute.org