[ILUG-BOM] RHEL 3 on IBM x346

Nadeem M. Khan nadeem.m.khan@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Sat Aug 19 00:25:45 IST 2006

Hi.

I am trying to install RHEL AS 3 on IBM xSeries 346, but it fails to
detect my hard disks. It fails to get a driver for Adaptec SCSI
controller. Cribs about aic7xxx.

Just for kicks I tried installing RHEL ES 4 and it installs without
issues. But the client requirement is RHEL AS 3. Since x346 is a
common server, I thought someone might be able to shed some light on
this. Where do I get the driver? Googled like hell, but no go. I am
supposed to be looking for a .img file that fits onto a floppy and
then issue the linux dd command, right?

Regards,
NMK.