[ILUG-BOM] [OT][CAUTION] Dell Laptop Battery Issue.

Mukund Deshmukh betacomp_ngp@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Fri Aug 18 10:38:18 IST 2006

> AFAIK any charger has an over voltage / under voltage protection. So if
> there is no battery, it wont damage it. The onboard circuits should
> detect that the battery is missing and give the appropriate message
> while booting up.

The charger voltage never exceed battery voltage for lithium battery under
load condition.
 Lithium battery can not accept even 5% over voltage.
So when charger is connected to laptop / mobile (without battery), due to
Hence no damage can be caused.

I am using my laptop, without battery for last 2 years.

Best Regards,

Mukund Deshmukh.
Beta Computronics Pvt Ltd
10/1, IT Park, Parsodi,