[ILUG-BOM] Non-sensensical people like me?

Debarshi 'Rishi' Ray debarshi.ray@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Thu Aug 17 13:41:15 IST 2006

>> You see it all started when someone thought RMS has outgrown his
>> relevance in response to a honest question regarding the identity of
>> RMS.

> dont distort history, it all started when the person who made an honest
> question regarding the identity of RMS got flamed for asking and was
> threatened with being driven off the list.

That depends on the way you look at it.

http://mm.ilug-bom.org.in/pipermail/linuxers/Week-of-Mon-20060814/053266.html

Thats where the "who is RMS" thing was asked. True I thought
Baishampayan was a bit patronizing in his post
(http://mm.ilug-bom.org.in/pipermail/linuxers/Week-of-Mon-20060814/053268.html),
but then he is free to do so. In the very next message in date-wise
order (http://mm.ilug-bom.org.in/pipermail/linuxers/Week-of-Mon-20060814/053270.html)
Dinesh accepts that "the issue is sorted out". Immediately after that
we have this: http://mm.ilug-bom.org.in/pipermail/linuxers/Week-of-Mon-20060814/053288.html.

What was the use of such a post out of the blue? Even after the
original question had been amicably answered.

I have spent close to one hour in reading the entire archives of the
last 2 weeks to find out what made Manu think I am a non-sensical
person crazy about FOSS politics. Having done that, I have missed my
lunch and I am in no mood to participate in this RMS vs. ESR, FSD vs.
OSD, "Debarshi is non-sensical" debate any more. I would rather invest
my time in writing some usefull code.

People who just want to continue the discussion please carry one, but
I am not making any replies to questions directed at me. Not even if
some-one calls me an imbecile, moron or whatever.

Before finishing off I have one last thing to add. How can some so
fond of ESR and BSD ask something like this:
http://mm.ilug-bom.org.in/pipermail/linuxers/Week-of-Mon-20060814/053359.html
?? Was this not senseless?

Sorry Siddhesh I did not stop the thread at the last post itself, but
I am stopping it right here.

Carry one fellas,
Debarshi
--
"I'm tired of all this nonsense about beauty being only skin-deep.
That's deep enough. What do you want, an adorable pancreas?"

                                     -Jean Kerr