[ILUG-BOM] [OT] An appeal

Debarshi 'Rishi' Ray debarshi.ray@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Wed Aug 16 10:12:40 IST 2006

> As a result FSF India does not have these extra funds at
> this moment.  We thought of bringing this to the notice of free
> software community, and explore the possibility of support. This is an
> appeal to contribute to FSF India.  Since we do not have enough time
> to make alternative arrangements we seek your active support at this
> needy hour.  Even if the support is small from each of you, if more
> people give a small sum, we will be able to make sure this will
> happen.  The additional required budget is around Rs. 150,000/- (or
> around $3000/-).  If you also know any one who could sponsor a ticket
> or part of the ticket do let us know.
>
> The conference registration was kept free and we thought we could
> manage well with our earlier budgets.  Conference registration
> continues to be free, but do consider sending donations.  You may also
> consider becoming taking fellowship (http://www.gnu.org.in/fellowship).

Apart from that, if every member of this list donates Rs. 50 each, the
problem will be suitably resolved. After all what is Rs. 50 for the
future of the license which has been the cornerstone of FOSS for so
many years.

Regards,
Debarshi
--
"I'm tired of all this nonsense about beauty being only skin-deep.
That's deep enough. What do you want, an adorable pancreas?"

                                     -Jean Kerr