[ILUG-BOM] RMS in Mumbai

Debarshi 'Rishi' Ray debarshi.ray@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Tue Aug 15 16:52:04 IST 2006

> true - i started using linux in 1996, and the first time i heard
> about RMS was around 2002. And so far i havent read a single thing he
> has written - although i have read almost everything ESR has written.

Not even the GNU GPL? So you know about 'The Cathedral and The
Bazaar', while not having read the GNU GPL? I do not have words to
describe this.

>> it's about the whole society. No matter how many ``Linux'' users are
>> there in this world or how many companies support ``Open Source'', the
>> whole Free Software revolution will remain a failure as long as we
>> don't understand what Freedom is.

> i beg to differ - it will remain a failure in India at least until
> people stopped sounding off and started writing code

Write code for Microsoft or Apple?

Regards,
Debarshi
--
"I'm tired of all this nonsense about beauty being only skin-deep.
That's deep enough. What do you want, an adorable pancreas?"

                                     -Jean Kerr