[ILUG-BOM] Configuring mtnl broadband ...

Rony ronbillypop@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Mon Aug 14 21:09:26 IST 2006

On Mon, Aug 14, 2006 at 08:50:32AM +0530, Navin Daund wrote:
> I am new to Linux and MM-LIUG. I have installed Red Hat 9.0 and have
> mtnl broadband on UTSTAR UT300R2U Modem. It is connected with Ethernet
> connectivity and nic card is automatically detected by Linux.

Simply set your network card to use a static ip with the following
details below.

IP       192.168.1.2
Subnet   255.255.255.0
Gateway  192.168.1.1

DNS    203.94.227.70
&      203.94.243.70

Thats all.

If you cannot set dns through the GUI, then open a terminal
and login as root. Use `vi' to edit the file /etc/resolv.conf and make
the following entries as below.
nameserver 203.94.227.70
nameserver 203.94.243.70

If you are not familiar with `vi' then in your gui mode, open a
terminal, login as root and type `gedit /etc/resolv.conf'. This will
open the gui text editor. Be sure to leave a blank line below the last
sentence, before you save it.

Then as root, type `service named restart' and `service network
restart'. Or simply reboot your system.

Regards,

Rony.