[ILUG-BOM] Meebo

Debarshi 'Rishi' Ray debarshi.ray@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Mon Aug 14 13:18:51 IST 2006

> ok...I understood tidbits...

Thats a lot, you know, since I would not have understood a bit of what
I myself wrote. :p

> but now my question is, what exactly is
> yahoo's official client doing that gaim cannot, yet? ( if you have
> explained this earlier please point me to the post ).

Yahoo!'s official is doing black magic one can say. (Just joking.) One
just needs to key in the proxy IP and port and it simply works. Works,
you know! No tweaking nothing.

> Can we reproduce  what yahoo's doing by using free tools?

I do not know any such free tool. At this point you might like to read
http://mm.glug-bom.org/pipermail/linuxers/Week-of-Mon-20060807/053186.html
Just the 3rd, 4th and 5th paragraphs would be enough.

> Generally, firewalls dont block ssl connections

Is it so? I have limited knowledge, but I remember seeing the Webmin
interface, where the admin just clicked and opened all 'SSL_Ports' and
'Safe_Ports'. I asked him to give me the configuration file, but he
somehow managed to give me the wrong one. Should I get it again ?

> so i think u can setup an SSL tunnel into an outside
> ( unfirewalled proxy ) PC and then connect to the yahoo service.

Yes I think thats a possible solution.

Thanks,
Debarshi

--
"I'm tired of all this nonsense about beauty being only skin-deep.
That's deep enough. What do you want, an adorable pancreas?"

                                     -Jean Kerr