[ILUG-BOM] Asrock MB refuses Mandrake.

sherlock at antispam sherlock@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Wed Jun 15 10:38:41 IST 2005

On Tuesday 14 June 2005 22:24, Rony Bill wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> Mandrake 10.1 does not install on the Asrock 845 chipset P 4i45 GV
> mobo.

> To cross check linux compatibility with this mobo,

I have already used debian sarge on this one worked without a hitch.
Uptime 40 days and counting.

> live Knoppix 3.2
> was tried and it booted fine and gave me the desktop and even
> played mp3s from the hdd. In case this may be of any help, the
> first line in the knoppix boot up text messages was "PCI Device
> 00:f1.1 not available due to conflicts". Any clues?

at the knoppix bash prompt run lspci. u will get an o/p like
00:1f.1 IDE interface: Intel Corp. 82801AA IDE (rev 02)

this will tell u what device is not functioning.
Seems to be the ide. Turn off dma in the bios.

rgds
jtd