[ILUG-BOM] Anyone managed to get Tally 7.2 to work on Debian?

Dinesh Joshi dinesh_pro@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Sat Mar 26 13:11:39 IST 2005

>From: Rishi <usergroups at theargoncompany.com>
>However, when I run the executable it says:
>
>./tally72: error while loading shared libraries: libssl.so.4: cannot open
>shared object file: No such file or directory
>
>Any ideas on where to get libssl.so.4? Tried APT-CACHE search... no joy...

You must already have libssl installed on your system. Why dont you try
this:
# locate libssl

You will get an output something like this:
/usr/lib/libssl3.so
/usr/lib/libssl.so
/usr/lib/libssl.a
/lib/libssl.so.0.9.7a
/lib/libssl.so.0.9.7

Then, as root create a symbolic link to libssl.so.0.9.7a (the version
numbers may differ on your system):
ln -s /lib/libssl.so.0.9.7a /lib/libssl.so.4

I have FC2 and libssl.so.4 is just a symbolic to libssl.so.0.9.7a.

Hope this helps you out ;)

Dinesh.