[ILUG-BOM] Connecting a Reliance CDMA Phone SCH N 191 to redhat 9 system

Abhishek Daga abhishekdaga@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Fri Mar 25 15:49:23 IST 2005

Background:
Using Monit, to monitor mail servers and alerts are sent to orange and bpl mobile
phones using the email-to-sms feature.
Drawback: Unreliable:

Possible Solution:
Monitor Remotely from local server and instead of sending email to sms, switch
over to SMS-to-SMS. While going the official route would work out expensive, I
plan to use the reliance phone where my SMSes are free.
Now, how do I go about doing this setup. Ok, so a data cable will be required and
purchased. Then what?
The system is Redhat 9 and
the mail server (if it matters) is postfix.
The alert system is Monit.

Any thoughts, development on this done before?
Thanks again.
abhishek