[ILUG-BOM] Help Needed( DISHNET DSL usb modem )

Rajkumar Adsule rk1241978@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Thu Apr 15 16:33:27 IST 2004

Aji <aji at grmtech.com> wrote:
Hi,
I am using DISHNET DSL usb modem
SMC EZ Connect ADSL / USB Modem
SMC 7003 USB V.2
I am using it currently on win2K and now want to use it on FEDORA LINUX
Has any of u been able to run this modem on linux or what is ur suggestion
i found this url
http://eciadsl.flashtux.org/modems.php?lang=en
but its in the probably supported category !!

yes ! it is very much possible to use the modem in Linux (Fedora) , you just get the eciadsl-usermode*.rpm from the above link ...and install it ...

configure the modem by command $eciconftxt.sh (Console) or $eciconf.sh (GUI) as a root user

enter the proper DNS entries .... for me it is 202.9.145.5 / 202.9.145.6

 VPI and VCI values ... for me it is 0 and 32

start the connection with command $startmodem  (as root only)

:) enjoy surfing

Raj