[ILUG-BOM] The Sunday Meet was Great..

suhas prabhu suhasprbu@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Wed Apr 14 14:05:10 IST 2004

Dear Friends,

I attended the Bombay LUG meet for the first time on April 11. It was fantabulous.

The work that has been on for Localisation of GNU/Linux is really great. I know its a lot of work and Hats Off to all those who are involved in this work.

The discussions were enlightening, especially Dr. Nagarjun's explanation as to why Linux should be called GNU/Linux.
He showed us his Mac Powerbook OS which runs on a Free Kernel called Darwin and which was only possible due to GNU tools.

So naturally it is GNU/Darwin. Point well taken Sir.

All this has helped me to explain to others what is exactly FLOSS.

I have spread the word among all my friends about this meet and we all are eagerly awaiting the next meeting.

Thanks for everything,

Suhas