[ILUG-BOM]Help for Linux Installation

supreet supreet@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Wed Oct 15 12:27:10 IST 2003

You can run X -configure. It will try to probe all the available devices
and write XF86Config/XF86Config-4 file. Copy that file to
/etc/X11/XF86Config-4

There are various set of device detection mechenisms in debian. But none
of them is integrated into the installer.

discover is one of them. install it from apt archive and test if it able
to detect your devices.

There are various printer driver architectures/daemons available for
debian.

In my case I have been using cups with RedHat and Debian. It supports
wide range of devices and is easy to configure.

Cups should have driver for Cannon inkjet printer. If you use the cups
web based interface, it walks you through the whole install process
which helps in case of newbie

HTH

Supreet

PS: It helps if you send exact error messages

--
supreet <supreet at linux-delhi.org>