[ILUG-BOM]great downloader and ad filter for GNU/Linux

Amit Upadhyay upadhyay@me.iitb.ac.in
Sun Oct 12 21:05:25 IST 2003

On Sun, 12 Oct 2003, Devdas Bhagat wrote:

~ > http://www.krasu.ru/soft/chuchelo/
~ > While wget is good, it lacks multiple stream downloading, and for Joes,
~ > a gui and a few more things like scheduling, b/w control etc etc.
~ You might want to see what you are maxing out, server allocated
~ bandwidth or local connection. And you might think about why the server
~ is maxing your bandwidth too.

What you are saying is correct, but things like DAP with multiple
connections do help in certain situations. I have many experiences in
which wget got me 40kbps max while my friend with DAP with upto 4-5
simultaneous connection to same server got upto 120kbps. Its not unit
problem, as is apparent in comparing lets say wsftp speed with cute-ftp.
May be because I am behind the firewall, but multiple connections to
servers when they allow can help.

I will check out that chachelo out someday. IF its abt joes, harping abt
cron/at wont help much.

--
Amit Upadhyay