[ILUG-BOM] Flash on Mozilla

Bhargav Bhatt bbb2004@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Fri Dec 27 14:02:40 IST 2002

On Thu, 26 Dec 2002, Amish Munshi wrote:

> 	I have given Mozilla a try with flash as follows. I did download and extract
> the files, and also copied into $HOME/.netscape/plugins and also added
> application/x-shockware-flash in the preferences->Navigator->Helper
> Application used swf (not .swf) as the extension. But mozilla doesnt even ask
> me if it can download the plugin for flash.

	Mozilla doesnt ask you for downloading the plugin because you have already
set a plugin for .swf files. Removing this from the preference might cause
the download box to reappear.
	Also, Could you be more clear as to what the "files" are. Are
these the files u downloaded from Macromedia.com? If so, then I would
recommend downloading again as the new version has an install script which
installs the plugins in the appropriate directories.
	You can also use gplflash available at http://www.swift-tools.com/Flash.
It works beautifully well.

HTH.

--
Bhargav Bhatt,
Department of Applied Physics and Applied Mathematics,