[ILUG-BOM] Re: Making the baby HP Deskjets: 3320, 3325 or 3420 work with Linux?

Parul Mathur parulmathur@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Fri Dec 27 12:14:25 IST 2002

> Date: Fri, 27 Dec 2002 10:11:59 +0530
> From: "Baji J. Ram Rao" <ramrao at bajirao.com>
> To: linux-india-programmers at lists.sourceforge.net
> Cc: Krishan <kris8ul at yahoo.com>, linuxers at mm.ilug-bom.org.in
> Subject: [ILUG-BOM] Making the baby HP Deskjets: 3320, 3325 or 3420 work
with Linux?

> Experienced friends told us that Red Hat 7.3 and Red Hat 8.0 weren't
> stable enough, so best avoided. We're currently committed to RedHat 7.2.

Redhat 7.3 and 8.0 are not unstable in any way. In the bioinformatics
division at TCS we are using all three versions and a significant speed-up
has been reported for version 8.0 in CPU-intensive and memory-intensive
applications that process huge amounts of protein and gene data.
I know that there have been many negative reports of Redhat 8.0 but we use
it day in and day out and not a single complaint.
Try it yourself and don't let others prevent you from benefitting from the
significant upgrades present in the new versions. After all, Redhat 7.2 is
now roughly a year old. And do remember that the latest drivers come bundled
with the latest releases.

Parul