[ILUG-BOM] squid proxy server problem

Dinesh Shah dinesh@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Thu Dec 26 15:44:39 IST 2002

On Thu, 26 Dec 2002, tejinder saroha wrote:

> * LUG meet on 12 Jan. 2003 @ VJTI

> when i am using ping to connect to isp's dns ip
> 202.54.12.6(blr.vsnl.net.in) there is no response but we are getting
> ping response from secondary dns i.e 202.54.1.30

Change your /etc/resolve.conf and put the IP of working DNS server as the
1st entry. Remove IPs of those DNS servers, which does not work.

Also it is advisable to run cacheing only DNS server on the same server
where you are running Squid.

> please advise.

HTH

> bangalore
PS: Strange you are not seeking help from Banglore LUG. :-)

With regards,
--
--Dinesh Shah :-)
Shah Micro System