[ILUG-BOM] files ending with ~

Amish Munshi amish_munshi@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Thu Dec 26 10:42:39 IST 2002

Hello,

	For some strange reason only files with ~work well. For example
	I edit modify.php as "vi modify.php" then save and exit (:wq),
	then there will be a file modify.php and modify.php~, modify.php
	is updated file, but when I visit using apache (on a local
	machine) then it used the other file modify.php~ and not
	modify.php.
		I thought this was some temporary problem so I rebooted,
		but that did not help.
	Any guesses why this is happening?
	"cat modify.php" and "cat modify.php~" display proper results.
	A filename~ file is always created whenever I change any file.

Bye.