[ILUG-BOM] Qmail relaying

Amish Munshi amish_munshi@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Thu Dec 26 10:11:37 IST 2002

On Thu, Dec 26, 2002 at 09:49:04AM +0530, Mayank Sarup wrote:
> * LUG meet on 12 Jan. 2003 @ VJTI
>
> Hi Amish,
>
> > > telnet 10.10.12.21 25 (my private IP)
> > > {output is 553 sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed
> hosts for local recipients and are now bouncing. These messages are from
> spammers with invalid MX pointers. These mails will remain in queue and
> eventually bounce to postmaster.

	Thanks, OK, so now how to I reject mails for users who do not
	exist on my machine? Like if I telnet mx1.mail.yahoo.com and use
	RCPT TO:linuxers.mm.ilug-bom.org.in at yahoo.com (I assume this
	email address does not exist on yahoo.com)
	then it will tell me that user does not exist and not accecpt
	mail. How do I configure my qmail to do this. For present I have
	setup a .qmail-default in /var/qmail/aliases to collect all
	mails.