[ILUG-BOM] GUIs v/s CLI

nikhil_joshi at antispam nikhil_joshi@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Wed Dec 25 19:04:36 IST 2002

On Wed, 25 Dec 2002, Satya wrote:

> I hear a lot of discussion about how the Linux GUI should be more
> user-friendly, and how all programs should have a good GUI, etc.
>
> I have one need in a GUI: consistency!

nooooo.. way...
it wud be Windowish i feel
at present i use xfce,windowmaker,fvwm2,fluxbox and icewm (no GNOME KDE
pls ..;)
nd they have their own nuances which makes working in Linux exciting

also Qt, gtk, Xaw ...
i'll miss them if some "standard" comes up ..
My point : Please have the variety .. It is spice of life right ?

Nikhil

--
   "If people could put rainbows in zoos, they'd do it." -Hobbes